This shoot was done during lockdown, and was for a CDG campaign. I took the images from outside looking in to emphasise the distance, especially with such intimate ‘daily’ tasks that no one usually sees. The set of photographs explores a glamourous but slightly dishevelled woman. I think it highlights the mental stress of the current worldly topics, and trying to remain ‘ourselves’ in what is the most confusing and scary time we will ever experience. To some, they may see her as a mother, trying to keep going and working through a confusing time, or a young adult, struggling to keep up with an online social life.

 




 

My work is very political, and my art will either bring relief from the world news, or bring awareness to an important issue (feminism, homelessness, the government). As I develop through the next three years and learn more about Fashion Art Direction and the world, I hope my work remains pivotal, innovative and has a clear aesthetic and stance in politics. Exploring such topics through fashion and art makes it more accessible and understandable. Young people can become engaged, excited and passionate about what they believe, and I hope my work can inspire this.  

Comments

Popular Posts